21 Apr Benefits and advantages of an eco-responsible company: carbon footprintTiempo de lectura: 2 minutos
The environment is part of the top 3 responsibilities of a company. Concern for climate change and green initiatives has become essential to our society. The goal of businesses is to make it real, including different measures and actions to go green. Are you sure your company has already thought about how to reduce the carbon footprint?
Recently, companies took into consideration the effects of climate change, and had internalized an environmental culture, they saw the commitment and protection of the environment as a valuable measure to their growth. Now we can find more sustainable companies that apply policies focused on the planet and treat it with the respect it deserves.
But, what does a company that seeks to defend and protect the environment do? It will study their actions’ impact and will try to reduce and improve them.
Why should you invest in sustainability?
There are many advantages and benefits that come with environmental protection and establishing environmental policies in our companies:
- Follow regulations: Develop your business within the current legality and thus avoid long-term legal problems. It is very important to use expert consultants who educate you about the laws and which ones you should implement based on your business activity.
- Boost your brand image: Green Consumers, who are aware of the situation, are increasingly compromised with their decisions when choosing where to buy. They focus on companies’ policies and environmental commitments before they place their trust in them. Your goal, as a brand, is to show your consumers your responsibility towards the environment and towards reducing the carbon footprint in order to demonstrate that your work processes are sustainable and that they integrate policies that respect the planet.
- Connect with your audience: Related to the previous point, consumers want to know more about the impact on the environment of the products they consume. The percentage of people that stop purchasing products that have a negative social or environmental impact is increasing. Customers take more into account those companies that are involved in environmental projects, than those that are not.
- Cost reduction: Eco-friendly companies ensure that their production processes do not generate a high number of polluting emissions (i.e. carbon footprint or polluting gases’ emissions) resulting in a reduction in resource and energy consumption and, consequently, a reduction in expenditure.
- Happy and motivated workers: if your company takes environmental protection into account, workers who are part of it, as well as their collaborators, will be proud of their workplace, and they will talk positively about it. It will lead to greater work satisfaction and long-term commitment. Business culture will be strengthened.
In short: becoming a sustainable company and reducing the carbon footprint, thinking about the causes and consequences of climate change and modifying our company’s policies into sustainable policies, can only bring positive results in the long term. The results go from cost reduction to personal satisfaction. We all are sharing our planet, let’s take care of our home properly.